Saturday 28 November 2009

Diamonds are a girls' best friend


I have just recently finished this pram cover which is knitted in chunky wool and can be knitted in a day it is so simple but looks really good when finished you can embroider flowers in the diamonds or sew on some little flowers to change the look. I sold one in my etsy shop a few months ago and I have knitted quite a few in the last year. One of my daughters had a little girl in May my first grandchild and she is just so beautiful. I knit all the time as it's my way of relaxing and it's been a busy year for babies for me. I have four daughters and lots of their friends had babies this year and they were all due about the same time. I think a pram cover is a quick knit to put in with a baby present it never goes wrong.
I went out today with my friend Mary who is also a knitter she is actually a member of a knitting club as she does machine knitting as well. We went for a spot of lunch and then had a look for some new patterns and wool. I have loads of patterns but get fed up knitting the same ones and am always on the look out for new ones or getting a copy from a friend. I am finding it harder and harder to find wool as quite a few shops I used to go to have either closed down or don't sell wool anymore it can be a problem although there are a few sites I buy from on the internet but the postage can be quite high. I have a great site I go to for buttons which can be very expensive to buy. Does anyone know any good places to buy wool? I would be interested to hear from anyone. Just off now to have my tea and then its on to x-factor and knit 1 purl 1.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging - hope you have lots of fun with it and thanks so much for your comment at my place :)

    ReplyDelete